So, the dorm life is a little far from my memory, but I have a lot of friends who’s kids are getting ready to go to college and I’ve been making gift baskets for the graduates! If you are just now going back to school, or even have a graduate on your hands this year, start preparing because I am about to give you the low down on the things that will slip your mind.
- Mini fridge, because you cant have warm drinks
- Tool set because you never know when you might have to fix something
- You need to have like a few pairs of headphones for either walking to class, or just to block out the noise when you’re “studying” in the stacks
- Flashlights because sometimes the lights go out and you don’t want to be stuck in the dark.
- Electrical outlets
- Shower Caddy
- Flip flops for when you are in the shower, because lets face it, athletes foot and staph infection is gross.
- USB drive
- Crockpot for those days when you just want to feel at home
- Cooking utensils for the crockpot
- Sheets , multiple sheets
- Comforter set
- Plastic cups , plastic plates and plastic bowls
- Put this over your closet door and use it as your pantry to keep it organized.
- If that doesn’t work, try this
- You need a netflix subscription
- If you dorm allows, you need a microwave
- Bicycle to get from on side of campus, to the complete other side in 10 minutes
- Sewing kit
- Can opener
- Laundry basket Get this one because it rolls and if you live on the 8th floor and the washing machines are on the bottom floor, you do not want to carry it all the way down and risk having your dirty underwear on the elevator
- With that said, you need your own laundry detergent and dryer sheets
These are like the main essentials that I couldn’t live without. I am so glad I had these when I went to school because if I didn’t have these, my life would have been a little bit harder.
Enjoy and congrats on college days!