Hey guys! How are those new years resolutions going? Have you kept up with them? I know I haven’t, but I am trying because I am going on my dream honeymoon in May (finally) and I want to have that smashing bikini body. Here are some of the ways I am getting into a healthier mindset as well as transforming my body into a bikini ready body.
Things I am doing to get motivated and stay healthy:
- Drinking more water. I cannot tell you how good I feel now that I have put those Diet Dr. Pepper’s down and switched to water. I drink probably 4- bottles of my Hidrate Spark 2.0 Smart Water Bottle a day. This not only helps me feel more energized, but it gets rid of those mid-day headaches.
- Healthy snack. I am a snacker, and I have to have something to eat about every three hours. This can be a bad problem, but I have learned to eat the right snacks. I’ve put down the Cheeto’s and Oreos and have switched over to yogurts, fruits, veggies, and nuts. Having those in my bag or lunch box at work is a good way to stay healthy. I am not tempted to going to the cafeteria to buy a cookie. This also saves money if you meal prep your snacks!
- Stretch. Stretching is probably my favorite thing to do in the morning before I start my day. It just rejuvenates me and lets me get loose to start the day.
- I usually put on music throughout my house and dance pretty much all day. This not only gets me moving, but the cardio that comes along with it is awesome.
- I park at the furthest parking spot at the mall or grocery store and walk.
- I find heavy things around my house, like cases of water and pick them up and walk up the stairs with it. Its a good workout.
- I go to bed early.
- Stay away from the TV screen because then I am tempted to eat and binge watch.
- Including friends in on your diets. I just recently started a diet with one of my work friends and it is easier to do it when there is someone motivating you and you are both trying to stay afloat.
- Always moving around.
- Meditating. This gives me a peace of mind. I close my eyes and just listen to the sounds and the quiet of the room I am in.
- Last but not least, I learn to laugh more. Laughing is good for the soul and if your’e lucky enough, you can laugh so hard that your abs hurt 🙂